Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fire!

Tonight was one of the funniest and most embarrasing moments of my life. While our church was holding an important meeting I was out in the lobby with Sid, she had gotten upset in the toddler room so I was trying to entertain her. Well, turns out she was the one who did the entertaining...while I was reading up on announcements at the information desk, I turn around and notice that the fire alarm had been pulled by none other than my daughter. While my mind was racing as to what to do next the alarms started sounding and the lights flashed all through the building while a woman's voice was saying 'Please proceed out of the building' Needless to say the next few moments were chaos, babies screaming in the nursery, people leaving the meeting, you can imagine. And all the while my sweet, innocent child is in my arms not aware that she was the one who started all of this. As we were leaving the church, the fire department was arriving. At least the kids got a chance to see a real life fire engine. I can't stop laughing about it all. I think we are in for a lot with this girl. I can't wait to see what adventures she will bring to our lives.

3 comments:

Keven said...

I wish she would get me out of a lot of other meetings early!

Julie H. said...

That is hilarious!

The Galimore Family said...

That is too funny! You just never know what a 2 year old will do:)